Welcome ToUniversity of Benghazi
The University of Benghazi (UoB) was established on December 15,1955 under the name of "Libyan University". The cornerstone of the university was the Faculty of Arts and Education, including 31 students and 6 staff members then. The univesity was founded in the center of Benghazi. In 1973, the university was shifted to its current location at the area of Garyounis. In 1976, the university's name was changed into "University of Garyounis". Now, the university includes various of faculties and centers of consulting, research, and service. The university is located on an arear of roughly 530 hectares, including a number of students exceeding 70,000, an almost number of staff members, reaching 2,000, and a number of officials and employees, exceeding 5,000. After the revolution of Feb. 17th and based on the decree of the university's top management, the university has been renamed "University of Benghazi", hoping to achive a new jump towards improvement.